Hey my Casa lovers you may already know I come from the beautiful Caribbean island of the Dominican Republic and summer beach decor is abundant! and I wanted to just give you a few ideas on how you can decorate your home like this even if you live in places that are not as sunny like my country or as a beautiful Florida beachy sun room. For example, Florida residents can take advantage of this decor and get away with decorating around this time o like this and do not forget that a beachy look has to have blue!.This decor never goes out style and you can surely have summer pieces you can love and by the way…it’s never fun to give up the beach!. My sun room inspiration came from a website I fell in love with; and it’s from Douglas Elliman, a very prestiguos real estate company and I have to say that they have among the most beautifully decorated sun rooms I’ve seen and every single visit to this site is a delight click here so you can see it for yourself.
So what I did was create a home style board in order to show some of the decor ideas using pieces that will look amazing in a sun room.
1. If there’s one piece that you should splurge on is a sofa and I must say you have to try it in order to know if is comfy. You should always go for a traditional and neutral sofa. I always tell this to people…take your time getting a good one!!. The beauty of this is that getting a neutral sofa gives you the flexibility to add color and decorate around it without worrying that it won’t look great.
2. I love the beach and I will always do and having a painting that reminds me of the ocean, it’s pure magic. A beautiful painting can make a huge difference in a room, it kind of transports to the painting.
3. & 11. Lamps, lamps, lamps, do I need to say it again?, lol. There’s no other accessory that compliments a space more than a good quality lamp. Never stick to one style, mix and match traditional and modern pieces just like these two lamps.
4. Everyone needs elements of metal in their homes!. It’s classic, it’s elegant and it takes your sun room and any space to the next level of exquisite decor.
5. Getting a good area rug is a must for a any sun room. It’s kind of that missing piece of the puzzle that you want to complete. You can chose an outdoor or an indoor rug and either, it will look beyond amazing in any space.
6. Mirrors make spaces look bigger and it’s s also perfect for a sun room whether is small space or not because of how much light it will reflect with the sun coming in.
7. A comfortable accent chair especially like this one is a keeper; it looks like you brought it from your balcony or patio but you know what?, it’s fine! because it looks good!!!.
8. This ottoman/coffee table can be used inside the home or outside and I have to say it makes the place more cozy, more cohesive because you should always try to bring a bit of the outside inside and this piece does it.
9. Pillows are a great way to elevate a sofa or chair to the chic and comfy level we all love. Always remember to mix and match pillows by having pattern ones and solid colors as well as the ones with writings on them like the one I’m showing here.
10. Finally, let’s talk curtains. Make sure your curtains are interesting and made with a a delicate good fabric. I mostly prefer pattern ones because they give the windows a juju (is that even a word?), a thing, a luxurious delicious touch every sun room or space lacks and always remember to hang the rod a few inches above the window frame, it makes the space looks taller.
Below there’s another style board for you to kind of see another way of using other combinations for a great and sophisticated look.
I hope you enjoyed my ideas on styling a cozy, comfy beachy sun room. Love you all and I’ll see you in the next post!.