Hey Casa lovers!, this dessert if one of my favorite ones to make this time of the year for Thanksgiving and of course I had to share it with you my dear friends!. I have to say, since I did not put any toppings or fruit spread on it, I had to do it on a water bath. I know that for some people is too much work but trust me when I tell you, if you are not going to put any toppings on any cheesecake, the water bath is the route to go. Make it today so it’s ready for tomorrow!!!!!!
For the crust
1 1/2 cup of Graham crackers, crushed ( I use Keebler)
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
5 tablespoons of butter, unsalted, melted (I use Breakstone brand)
3 (8 oz) packages of Philadelphia cream cheese (@ room temperature)
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree (I use Libby’s)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract (I use McCormick)
1/4 of ground nutmeg
1/4 of ground allspice
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
– Take your springform pan and put foil paper all around it
– Take either a food processor or a zipper bag and smash the crackers evenly until they are crumbs. Take the crumbs, the melted butter, the tablespoon of sugar and with a spatula fold them until well combined. Make sure you don’t make a paste, it has to be a bit crumbly
– Take a glass and press the crackers mixture onto the springform pan and bake for 5 minutes, set aside and let cool until you make the batter
– Put water to boil to use for the water bath
– In a stand mixer, mix the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth on #2 speed
– Then add the pumpkin, the spices and add one egg at a time
– Once is well combined, take a spatula and mix by hand well
– Pour this delicious batter into the springform pan, take a shallow container (like a roasting pan) and add the boiling water. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, make sure you put it in the center of the oven. No peeking!
– Once the time is up, turn the oven off, open the door mid way and let it be for about an hour. After that’s done, take it out and let it cool off the oven for 1/2 hour and then transfer to the refrigerator
– I know these may seen like a thousand steps but the writing is more than the making of it! and it’s soo worth itttttt.
Love how this picture came out!. Last step I swear!, cut, serve and add whip cream if you’d like and enjoy!!
Happy Thanksgiving my lovely Casa lovers, I love you all!